Fanfare is the biennial statewide festival of bands and orchestras from Queensland state schools. It showcases the exciting music-making that occurs in school-based ensembles across the state. The emphasis for Fanfare is on improving the quality of ensembles, promoting the highest possible standard of performance, striving for excellence and encouraging participation.
Following the regional finals, up to 5 primary ensembles and 5 secondary ensembles will be selected to take part in the primary and secondary state finals in Brisbane on Thursday 15 August and Friday 16 August.
Nominations for Fanfare 2024 are now closed.
- January 2024—nominations open
- Friday 23 February 2024—nominations close
- May–June 2024—regional festivals
- Thursday 15 August 2024—primary state final
- Friday 16 August 2024—secondary state final
Please email the Fanfare program manager at
email@example.com for further information.