Key dates for the 2018 program
|7 April 2018 to 29 July 2018||Submission period|
|21 April 2018 to 29 July 2018||Central exhibition at the Gallery of Modern Art|
|Early August 2018||Judging panels convene|
|August to October 2018||Regional exhibitions will occur|
|4 to 6 December 2018||In residence |
How to enter
Submissions for the Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art 2018 have now closed. Guidelines to apply for next year's program will be available in early 2019.
Any questions or concerns regarding the project consent form should be directed to the awards
- All Queensland state and non-state schools offering senior visual art can submit up to four students' artworks.
- To support the judging process and online gallery, three digital images are required for each submission or one screen shot for video works.
- The size of the submitted artwork must not exceed 1.8m x 2m x 2m once installed.
- If the artwork has individual components, parts should not exceed 20kg.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a supporting artist statement of no longer than 100 words. The artist statement must be written by the student, be grammatically correct and approved by the teacher submitting the artwork.
- A consent form signed by a parent/guardian must accompany the submission or the artwork cannot be exhibited.
- Any work the department deems to be inappropriate for public viewing will not be accepted, and the program manager will contact the school to discuss the concerns.
- Students must have the permission of the copyright owner of any work that has been reproduced in their artwork before it will be included in exhibitions. If permission has not been obtained, the work cannot be exhibited and the program manager will contact the school to discuss the concerns.
Teacher selection panel
The teacher selection panel will shortlist up to 150 works from the total submissions.
State selection panel
The state selection panel will select up to 40 excellence awardees from the shortlisted works and one student from each region (seven in total) as the regional encouragement awardees.