Key dates for 2020
|18 May to 2 September||Submissions open for Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art 2020|
|10, 11 and 15 September||Excellence Awards judging panels convene|
|14 September to 12 October||Nominations open for
In residence 2020 |
|October||Regional exhibitions |
|1 to 3 December||
In residence 2020|
|Early-Mid 2021||Central exhibition at the Gallery of Modern Art—celebrating the 2020 Excellence Award winners|
How to enter
Nominations for the 2020 program will open on Monday 18 May and close on Wednesday 2 September.
The submission guidelines will be available on Monday 18 May.
- All Queensland state and non-state schools offering senior visual art can submit up to 4 students' artworks.
- The visual art head of department and principal of the school where the student is enrolled must endorse the artwork as appropriate and ensure that it is compliant with the eligibility and submission requirements.
- To support the judging process and online gallery, 3 digital images are required for each submission or 1 screen shot for video works.
- The size of the submitted artwork must not exceed 1.8m x 2m x 2m once installed.
- If the artwork has individual components, parts should not exceed 20kg.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a supporting artist statement of no longer than 100 words. The artist statement must be written by the student, be grammatically correct and approved by the teacher submitting the artwork.
- A consent form signed by a parent/guardian must accompany the submission or the artwork cannot be exhibited.
- Any work the department deems to be inappropriate for public viewing will not be accepted, and the program manager will contact the school to discuss any concerns.
- Students must have the permission of the copyright owner of any work that has been reproduced in their artwork before it will be included in exhibitions. If permission has not been obtained, the work cannot be exhibited and the program manager will contact the school to discuss the concerns.
Selection panels will shortlist up to 150 works from the total submissions. From the shortlist, up to 40 excellence winners will be selected, and 1 student from each region will receive a regional encouragement award.